Sunday, June 1, 2014

Clementine and Cleopatra



In the middle of the sale
she fell dead asleep.
There was a chance of showers
so I let her rest - no toothbrush,
and now it’s noticed no umbrella,
just the set of new encyclopedias
on the coffee table
opened to the ‘C’s.

Perhaps a stepmother cruelly treated her,
forced her to sell to exhaustion –
now she naps -
a petite princess, maybe a 5 and a half,
looking magically submissive,
trusting her new customer
like one would a godmother
and obviously the weather.

When she awakes I’ll introduce her
to my neighbor – a psych major - he’s her age,
single and has a foot fetish.
I’ll make sure she leaves
a navy pump in his room
so that he can find her right foot
and determine the dynamics
of her dysfunctional domicile.

I know he’ll fall in love –
he always does -
and perhaps marry our door-to-door coquette,
piss off the stepsisters, get the books for free,
loan them to me until he needs them.
I want to finish the Cinderella story
and am looking forward to
Clementine and Cleopatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment